Oven Baked Polenta Fries
Oven-baked Polenta Fries
3 cups vegetable broth
1 cup organic, quick-cooking polenta
1 tablespoon butter
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp dried rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil spray
Spring onions, chopped
Sir Kensington Ketchup, for dipping
1. In a medium pot, bring vegetable broth to a simmer. Add the polenta in a thin stream
stirring all the while with a whisk over medium heat. Continuing stirring until the
polenta thickens, about 1-2min.
2. Add the butter, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and combine.
3. Transfer the polenta to a 9x12-inch dish. Smooth to make the thickness as even as
possible. Refrigerate 1-2 hours, until set.
4. Preheat oven to 425°F.
5. Cut polenta into rectangles or wedges about 4-5 inches long. Transfer polenta fries to a
lined baking sheet. Lightly coat with olive oil spray and bake 15-20 minutes on each
6. Remove from the oven.
7. Serve hot and top with chopped spring onions and a side of your favorite dipping
Karla Salinari is a Brooklyn-based mom, wife, food blogger and creator of FlipBox. On her blog, she ‘flips’ unhealthy recipes into healthy alternatives using mostly gluten-free, organic, and high-quality ingredients. From the blog came the idea to launch a healthy dessert kit company, FlipBox.
The idea to create FlipBox comes from Karla’s belief that a healthy lifestyle starts at home. Encouraging your little ones to make healthy choices can be fun for you and the whole family.
When Karla’s not “flipping” recipes, or working on FlipBox, you can find her at a local park with her husband and daughter, exploring local restaurants, ice cream shops or traveling! follow her journey.